Tired of a messy and smoky charcoal grill? Or Want a portable grill to enjoy delicious food while camping?
Propane BBQ is the absolute solution as it cooks food efficiently and the portable design helps you to enjoy delicious food at camping or hiking. Due to its large cooking surface and powerful burners, propane BBQ can meet all your cooking needs.
Most of the barbecue takes lots of time to preheat and creates a greasy mess while cooking. But, propane BBQ preheats quickly and prevents greasy mess with the proper grease management system. On this point, we are here with some of the best propane bbq in Canada.
Best Propane BBQ In Canada
Propane BBQs are on-demand here due to the portable design and delicious cooking results. Let’s look into these grills and select one according to your needs.
Weber Q 1200 Portable BBQ Gas Grill
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately)
On the top of our list, we have a Portable BBQ gas grill developed by Weber. If you’re looking for a portable gas grill that is easy to carry while going on hiking or camping, this one is the perfect option for you. As the grill comes with a single stainless burner and 189 square inches of cooking area, it provides enough heat and cooking space to meet your cooking requirements.
On top of that, this gas grill includes porcelain-coated cast-iron grates that give proper searing marks to your food. With electric ignition and infinite control valve setting, it is easy to start and control. Besides, the built-in Thermometer gives an actual report of the internal temperature. Also, the proper grease management system catches grease to avoid greasy mess and keeps cleaning simple.
Portable Design: Powerful 8500 BTU single burner with a 189 square inch total cooking area and only 20 pounds weight, makes this Weber best portable propane bbq in canada. So, whether you want to go camping or hiking, this one is always with your side to provide bold and delicious flavor.
Premium Materials: Comes with cast-aluminum lid and body that ensures long-lasting durability. Also, the porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates add perfect searing marks to your foods.
Grease Management System: As the grease tray has enough distance from the burner tubes, it prevents the grease from catching fire. Also, the grease management system makes cleaning easy and simple for you.
Folding Side Table: This gas grill includes two folding side tables that give enough space to make your dish ready for cooking.
- Premium materials provide long-lasting durability
- Grease tray catches grease to makes cleaning easy
- Portable design offers delicious food for camping and hiking
- Electric ignition and an infinite valve make starting and control simple.
- This grill takes a lot of time to preheat.
Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Tabletop Gas Grill
- 5,500 BTU burner
- 145 Square in. grilling surface
- Folding table base
- Porcelain enamel coated grill grate
- Lid latch and spill resistant drip tray
We have a Petit Gourmet Tabletop Gas grill that comes with a 145 sq inches grilling surface and a 5500 BTU burner on the second spot. As a result, this grill is powerful and large enough to ensure perfect cooking space for a whole family. Besides, the compact size with a folding table base is easy to set up in small spaces. Moreover, the heat shields store the smoke to ensure juicy cooking results.
Further, this Petit Gourmet gas grill includes porcelain coated grill grate that retains heat better. Compared to the Weber Q 1200 Portable Gas Grill, this one comes with a removable grate that’s dishwasher safe. Also, this grill includes a spill-resistant drip tray that catches drippings to avoid a greasy mess. So, this best small propane bbq is simple to clean and takes only a little bit of time.
Large Cooking Space: Comes with 145 sq inches of cooking space which is enough to handle the cooking requirement of a wide range of food. So, if you’re on a family picnic or camping, it is perfect to ensure delicious and healthy food for all.
Even Cooking: Includes a porcelain enameled coated grill grate that retains heat better and distributes heat evenly. Also, this coated grill grate gives perfect sear marks to make dishes appetizing and tastes better.
Compact Design: With the 13” x 18” x 12 dimension and folding table base make the grill design compact and perfect for smaller spaces. Also, the compact size keeps the burner near the cooking grate for efficient cooking.
Easily Cleanable: As the grill includes a removable grate that’s dishwasher safe, the cleaning of the grill takes a little time with effort. Besides, the spill-resistant drip tray catches drippings to avoid a greasy mess and keep it clean.
- Compact design and folding table base is perfect for smaller spaces
- The cooking grate retains heat better and distributes heat evenly
- Spill-resistant drip tray catches drippings to avoid a greasy mess
- Large cooking space is enough for the cooking requirement of a family
- The quality of the ignitor is not so reliable.
Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 3 separately controlled burners with 9,000 BTU each, up to 27,000 BTU cooking power
- 23.6”L x 13.4”W, 316 sq. in. porcelain enamel griddle top, easy to clean by paper towel and warm soap water
- Durable stainless steel control panel with piezo ignition system
- Side grease cup to collect oil while cooking, also for convenient cleaning
- Including regulator for 20 lb tank, tabletop LP gas griddle for camping, hiking, and other outdoors
Unlike the Cuisinart CGG-180TS Petit Gourmet Gas Grill, this one is a flat top 3 burner grill. As this grill comes with 3 separately controlled burners, you can control them according to your need. Besides, these powerful burners support a 316 square inches porcelain-enameled cooking surface that distributes heat evenly. As a result, you don’t need to worry about the hot and cold spots of the cooking surface.
The Royal Gourmet grill includes a stainless steel control knob so that you can precisely change the temperature for perfect food textures. With the piezo ignition system, the burners will light up every time you push the ignitor. Also, the removable side grease cup collects excessive oils while cooking. So, the cooking surface doesn’t get messy and you can clean it with a paper towel or warm soap water.
Multiple Burners: This grill comes with 3 ring-shaped burners 9000 BTU each, a total of 27000 BTU high heat for the grilling area. Besides, these three burners can be controlled separately so that you have a precise temperature control.
Large Grill Top: Includes a 316 square inches porcelain-enameled cooking surface. As the grill top distributes heat evenly, don’t worry about the hot and cold spots of the cooking surface. With such a large grill top, it is the best rated propane bbq in Canada.
Convenient Cleaning: As the removable side grease cup collects excessive oils, the cooking surface won’t get greasy and messy. As a result, you can clean it with a paper towel or warm soap water.
Premium Ignitor: The grill includes a piezo ignition system. So, the burners will light up every time you push the ignitor. Just push the ignitor for 3-5 seconds and the grill is ready to use.
- Separately controlled burners help to maintain temperature precisely
- Premium ignition system light up burners every time
- Large grill top distributes heat evenly and ensures perfect cooking
- Easy to clean with a paper towel or warm soap water
- This grill gets too hot even on the lower settings.
Camplux Tabletop Propane Grill (15000 BTU)
- 【Multi-function】--Camplux tabletop gas grill griddle can toast, grill and griddle.you can make a variety of food anytime and anywhere, share food with friends and family, and enjoy the fun of cooking.
- 【Well-made and durable】--The griddle plate is made of thick cold-rolled plate, which is more solid and durable.The rolled steel surface for excellent heat retention and distribution.And stainless steel burner for long life.
- 【Large Cooking Area & Rapid heating】--17""x15"" large cooking area,which can be cooking a variety of food at the same time. The heat output of 15,000 BTU allows the propane griddle to cook food easily and quickly.The single-head knob controller can be easily adjusted so that you can keep some food heated while keeping others heated.
- 【Fast & Easy Cleaning】 It features a built-in grease cup to keep everything contained and mess-free. The drippings then go into the grease cup, preventing the danger due to oil-leakage and draws grease away from your food. You can easily drain the grease from the grease cup and clean up the portable grill griddle with gentle soap water and paper towels after you uses.
- 【Package Included】--Camplux 17” table top gas grill griddle,griddle plate, cooking grid, RV quick connector,gas regulator and user manual. In order to provide you with a wonderful gathering and dating experience with friends and family, we offer 24 shift hours customer service make the customer experience easy and fast through our live chat, phone support & online helpdesk.
We have another flat top grill on our list, which is designed with complex. Compared to the previous Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner Gas Grill, this one comes with an H shape burner that provides a heat output of 15000 BTU. As the H shape burner heats up quickly, this grill can decrease your total cooking time and gives you more time to enjoy the food. Also, you can control the burner precisely with the single-head knob controller.
In addition, this tabletop grill includes a solid and durable thick cold-rolled plate made grill plate. As the grill plate surface has excellent heat retention and distribution, you can use the whole cooking surface without worrying about cold or hot spots. Besides, the grease cup stores the oil drippings and keeps you safe from oil leakage problems. Also, the mess-free cooking and simple cleaning make it the best propane bbq in canada.
H-Shaped Burner: This grill includes an H shape burner that heats up quickly and provides a heat output of 15000 BTU. As a result, this grill can decrease your total cooking time and gives you more time to enjoy the food.
Premium Grill Plate: As the grill plate is made of a solid and durable thick cold-rolled plate, it ensures excellent heat retention and distribution. So, you can use every inch of the cooking surface and cook large batches of food.
Built-in Grease Cup: Includes a built-in grease cup that stores the hot oil drippings so that you can enjoy mess-free cooking. Besides, the grease cup keeps you safe from oil leakage issues and makes the cleaning simple.
Portable Design: Only 25lbs, easy to carry, and perfect for outdoor programs and family picnics. Also, the 50 x 46 x 22.1 centimeters dimension makes it usable in small spaces.
- H shaped burner heats up quickly and provides faster cooking
- Premium grill plate ensures excellent heat retention and distribution
- Portable design is perfect for outdoor programs and family picnic
- Grease cup prevent oil-leakage issues and makes the cleaning simple
- The front side of the grill base gets much heated while cooking.
Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill (13000 BTU)
- 【EASY TO USE]--Sprinkle oil on the griddle plate, We can cook whatever we want on it. Just take this 17 inch gas griddle out of box, no other assembly is required. 21.4 lb, portable enough to go camping.
- 【EASY CLEANING】-- Table top griddle features a removable grease cup to keep everything contained and mess-free. The drippings then go into the grease cup, preventing the danger due to oil-leakage and draws grease away from your food. We can easily drain the grease from the grease cup and clean up the portable griddle with gentle soap water and paper towels after you use.
- 【EVEN AND RAPID HEATING】--Delicious steaks and eggs can be made quickly, due to the design of the "H" burner, evenly provide up to 13,000 BTU of heat. Up to 500 °F in 10 mins. Warm buns while cooking meats.
- 【LARGER COOKING AREA】--Cooking area is about 272 sq. In (About 9 hamburgers or 20 hot dogs or 10 eggs). Cook eggs and steak at different area in one griddle synchronously.
- [NON-DEFORMATION]--The cooking surface of outdoor griddle is made of 1/8 th hot-rolled steel and 5 steel bars at the bottom, ensuring that is not easily deformed when heated at high temperature.
Here comes another Camplux gas grill that comes with 272 sq inches of cooking area and a powerful 13000 BTU H-shaped burner. As the cooking surface is made of hot-rolled steel, it distributes heat evenly. As a result, you can use all the cooking surfaces and can cook at least 8-9 burgers at the same time. Besides, the H-shaped powerful burner can heat the surface to 500F within 10 mins.
Much like the previous Camplux Tabletop Propane Grill, this one also includes a removable grease cup that contains oily dripping and keeps the cooking surface mess-free. Therefore, you can clean it with a paper towel or warm soap water. Also, the adjustable rubber feet give a proper flat surface for cooking. Further, the 21.4 lbs weight is easy to carry and perfect to enjoy delicious foods at camping.
Even Heating: Comes with a 272 sq inches hot-rolled steel-made cooking surface that distributes heat evenly. So, you can use all the cooking surfaces and cook large batches of food simultaneously.
Quick Preheating: As this grill includes a powerful 13000 BTU H-shaped burner, the burner heats the surface to 500F within 10 mins. With such a powerful burner, it is the best propane bbq under $500 in Canada.
Safe Cooking: Includes a removable grease cup that contains oily drippings. As a result, it can prevent oil leakage to keep you safe from leakage issues.
Electric Ignition: With a quick and stable electronic ignition system, you can light up the burner every time you need.
- Quick preheating minimize your total cooking time
- Removable grease cups prevent the oil-leakage to keep you safe
- Stable electronic ignition lights up the burner every time
- The large cooking surface offers space for large batches of food at once.
- The sides of the grill create lots of smoke.
What Is Propane BBQ Grill?
Propane BBQ grill is fueled by propane which is popular for backyard and camping grilling. As propane burns hotter compared to gas, the propane BBQ grill is a wise choice in the depth of winter. So, the cooking surface of a propane grill preheats quickly that minimizes your cooking time.
In addition, a propane grill comes with a single or multi-burner that supports a large cooking surface where you can cook large batches of food at once. Besides, the grease management system of the propane grill catches hot oil drippings to ensure mess-free cooking and offers easy cleaning. Moreover, the portable light design of the propane grill is easy to carry and perfect for enjoying delicious food camping or hiking.
What You Need To Know About Propane BBQ Grill
When you’re using a propane grill, you need to know about some important things. First of all, use the propane grill in a ventilated area so that the smoke can’t harm you while cooking. It is better to use the lid to prevent smoke. Besides, clean the grill top right after you’re finished cooking for easy and quick cleaning.
Also, if you’re done with the cooking, turn off the burners and close the cylinder valve carefully. Closing cylinder valves prevent unwanted gas leakage and keep you safe. Before storing the propane grill, make sure the grill is completely cooled down for safety measures.
What Is The Difference Between Propane And Charcoal Grills?
In between propane and charcoal grills, there are multiple differences in food taste, cooking time, cleaning, and cooking safety. Let’s dig into these differences.
As the flame vaporizes the meat drippings while cooking on charcoal, you will get a smoky flavor on your meat. But, the metal shield on the propane grill prevents meat dripping from getting vaporized. As a result, the grill provides enough steam and indirect heat to ensure the proper moisture of food.
Compared to charcoal grills, propane grills can cook your food faster. Due to the less preheating time of propane grills, the total cooking time is minimized and you get more time to enjoy food.
Charcoal grills are hard to clean and maintain whereas propane grills include a grease management system that makes cleaning easy and simple.
As the hot piece of charcoal can burn your hand, it is risky to work with a charcoal grill. On the other hand, propane gas includes safety valves that keep you safe from unwanted accidents.
Propane Vs Natural Gas Grill: Which Is Right For You?
To select the right fuel for you, you have to know the difference between propane and natural gas grills. There are some differences in performance, usability, and portability. So, have a look at these factors.
If we start talking about performance, propane burns 2.5 times compared to natural gas. As a result, propane grills heat up quickly and you can cook multiple dishes at minimum time.
When it’s a deep winter like -40F, it is difficult to use natural gas. But, as propane remains liquid till -45F, you can only use a propane grill under such conditions. Also, propane gas is toxic and eco-friendly compared to natural gas.
If you’re buying a natural gas grill, you need to have a secured gas connection in your house. On the other hand, there are multiple size propane cylinders available for propane grills. Also, the lightweight design of these best portable propane bbq grills is easy to carry and you can enjoy delicious food while camping or hiking.
How To Use a Propane Grill
When starting your propane grill, first you have to start your propane cylinder valve. Turn the valve by rotating it anti-clockwise and make sure all the propane is going through the line.
Now, if you want the propane grill started, you have to light it up. It can be done in different ways. Turn all the burners on and use the auto-ignition button to light it up. If the grill does not have auto-ignition, use your light-stick to light up the burners.
Once the burner lights up, keep the grill 8-10 minutes to preheat. After preheating, your grill is ready to cook food for your family.
What’s The Best Way To Clean a Propane Grill?
To get perfect grilling results, you have to clean the grill properly. Use steel brushes to clean the cooking grates and cook box. But, it takes hours to clean them perfectly. As these areas get rusted a lot, you can use a drill to clean them quickly.
First, attach a steel brush to a drill and start the drill to rub the grates and cook box. With the heavy speed of the drill, the grates will clean quickly. Try to clean the grill every time after you finish cooking to get long-lasting service.
If the exterior of the grill is made of stainless steel, use a clean microfiber cloth to clean it. But, if the exterior is made of ceramic, porcelain, and painted steel surface, then use soap and water to clean it properly.
After every use, cover the grill with a plastic or cloth cover to keep it clean till the next use. Finally, detach the propane tank, check the pipe and clean it with a microfibre cloth.
Why Should You Get A Propane Grill Instead Of A Charcoal Grill?
Compared to the charcoal grill, the propane grill provides enough steam to ensure proper moisture of food. Besides, the propane grill takes less time to preheat and cook your food fast and efficiently. As a result, you have more time to enjoy food with your family or friends
When it comes to cleaning, a propane grill is easy to clean compared to a charcoal grill. Moreover, the grease management system prevents greasy mess and makes cleaning simple for you. Further, the hot pieces of charcoal can burn your hand but propane grills don’t have such a risk while cooking.
How Do You Use a Smoker Box On a Gas grill?
Place the smoker box directly on your cooking grates. It is better to place the smoker box on the side of the grill to get a better result. As the metal can conduct the heat, the wood chips will burn out and create smoke.
Is a Propane Gas Grill Worth The Cost?
Yes, a propane gas grill cooks food faster and more efficiently. It is easy to clean and maintain. Also, the portable design is perfect for camping or hiking.
Why Are All Propane BBQ Grills Running With Low-pressure Regulators?
As the low-pressure system is safer to use, all propane grills are running with low-pressure regulators.
How Safe Are Propane Gas Pipelines?
As propane gas pipelines are made of high-quality plastic and metal, they are safe to use. But, check the pipes and fuel gauge every time before use to prevent leakage issues.
Finally, we are on the last step of our detailed best propane bbq in Canada article. Among these propane BBQs, the Weber Q 1200 Portable BBQ Gas Grill is perfect for enjoying delicious meals at camping or hiking. If you’re looking for a bbq with a separately controlled burner to cook multiple dishes at once, the Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill would be the best pick for you.
Pick any of these propane BBQs right now to enjoy delicious food. You can also use our guide to select the best grill according to your requirement. Get your propane grill today to get the best taste of BBQ with family and friends.